The TYR Group 5-Day Small Unit Tactics Course is designed to provide hands-on tactical experience to individuals and teams. As a result, this intensive five-day Small Unit Tactics Course is aimed to provide individuals and teams the hands-on experience, proper mindset and tools to survive deadly encounters no matter the environment.
Armed and deadly confrontations are not survived or won by machines, weapons, or gear, but by the individuals and teams who use them. As a matter of fact, the best-equipped warriors cannot survive or win deadly confrontations without proper mindset and effective training.
Above all, our training and tactics emphasize fighting in close terrain. Furthermore, the principles, tactics, and techniques learned in this course will apply to most deadly encounters in a variety of environments.
Therefore, this Small Unit Tactics course provides its students the knowledge and experience to fight and survive. In essence, we build tacticians who will be capable of quickly analyzing a situation, to determine and apply the right tactic or technique, to aid in their survival.
For this reason, our instructors provide instruction based on years of knowledge and experience gained from fighting and surviving deadly encounters within small units.
Further, students who complete the course will be presented with a certificate upon completion of this course.
- Principles of Patrolling
- Duties, Responsibilities, and Actions within a Patrol
- Use of Silent (Hand and Arm) Signals to Communicate
- Utilizing the correct Movement Formations based on situation and terrain
- Individual and Team Movement Techniques based on situation and terrain
- Designation and Occupation of Rally Points
- Crossing Danger Areas
- Immediate Action Drills based on situation and terrain
- Field Craft: Navigation of Terrain, Use of Cover, Concealment and Camouflage, Stalking, and much, much more.
Since most of your time will be spent in field conditions we have compiled a basic list of equipment that you will need during the conduct of the course.
- Serviceable Uniform/Clothing (seasonally appropriate)
- Serviceable boots that are broken in
- Binoculars (optional)
- GPS/ Lensatic Compass
- Flashlight with colored lenses
- Load Bearing Equipment
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
- Individual Rifle (Empty Magazine – NO AMMUNITION)
- Rifle Magazines
- Assault Pack with a 3-Liter Hydration System
- Eye Protection
- Wet weather gear (optional)
- 30 feet of 550 cord
- Gloves (optional)
- Camouflage stick, compact or cream
- Seasonally appropriate hat, underwear, and outerwear
- Good quality insect repellent with Deet (optional)
- Folding Chair (optional)
- Seasonally appropriate equipment to remain overnight in field conditions.
**Additionally, you will need enough food and water for the entire time in the field.
Your primary instructor will be John Hurth, US Army Special Forces (Ret), and author of the “Combat Tracking Guide” published by Stackpole Books.
***** Department of State ITAR regulations requires our Tactical Training to be offered only to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****
Overall this course is taught outdoors. Furthermore, we do not lecture or use powerpoint presentations to conduct this course. In fact, students will be immersed in the training environment from the beginning of the course until the end. In addition, students who attend this course must be in good physical condition.